Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Wretched Wreck of a Deck Project, cont'd

This should have been in yesterday, which turned out to be such a busy day I am amazed I managed to squeeze in lunch let alone pictures. Here is what I have accomplished in the wretched wreck of a deck area:

It doesn't look like much... till you peek at the BEFORE.



That was a lot of hauling and piling. I may have arbor plans for those big 4x4's -- once a hundred or so nails are yanked out of them. There's a lot of work to do before then -- stay tuned.

Meanwhile, feel free to pat me on the back for all the hard work I've done so far... my muscles ache from moving all those timbers and brush and possum bones, yes, possum bones. So go ahead and tell me, "Atta Girl - Nice Job!"

3 comments:

Oblique Angles said...

Your opening picture reminded me a lot of what our "backyard" looked like when we moved in. Our garden consisted of mud and litter, which wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

What you accomplished is nothing short of amazing! I can see a lovely English garden blooming there. It will be spectacular!

OldBagNewTricks said...

Linda, I can see a lovely english garden blooming there too -- then I come to my senses and I'm back to mud and litter... So tell me -- is your garden now quite exquisite? All blooms? No mud? No litter? Do tell?

Jenny

Oblique Angles said...

Jenny: There's still an abundant amount of mud and litter. But we do have some day lillies that are doing quite nicely; my darling violas are spreading like a crazy ground cover; we planted some phlox. It isn't doing much yet. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting it to do -- a little softshoe perhaps. For the height of laziness, I've ordered this roll of flowers. You roll out this stuff, water it and theoretically flowers bloom. Well, we'll just see. Sounds way too good to be true. I saw this adorable ground cover that has the wee-est blue flowers. It grows in front of my Safeway. I'll go steal a sample and take it to my garden center. Maybe I can plant that in my mud garden. All I want is a self-sufficient, independent plant -- something that doesn't require my constant supervision and companionship.