Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Taggedy-Tagged

Holy-Moly and who saw this coming? DecoDivaDeb has tagged me in a '7 Weird Things' Game. (She knew just who to choose!) The plan is for me to reveal 7 weird things about myself. How does one narrow it down to a mere 7? How?

Here are the rules…. each player starts with 7 random weird facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

So here are 7Seven7 Weird Things About Me:

1. I am Afraid of the Dark -- no, not just a little leary, nor a tad ooky. Flat out terrified, I will not go down into my own basement or into my own backyard after dark.

2. I know how to juggle. I bought my son a book, JUGGLING FOR THE COMPLETE KLUTZ, in hopes that he might actually TRY something, anything, physical. The book came with juggling balls. Did he learn to juggle? No, but when I am on his very last nerve he hands me three balls and pats me on the head knowing I will soon be juggling away, out of his hair.

3. I have a story published in a ghost book -- about being haunted by my dead ex-husband -- he haunts my workroom.

4. In high school I beat 18 boys for the role of The Artful Dodger in the musical OLIVER. I was awesome!

5. I can recite about a dozen classic poems (Longfellow, Whittier, Cooke, Hunt, Field, Kipling) anywhere, any time, just because... I don't know why.

6. I do not know the multiplication tables. There it is, the dirtiest of my dirty little secrets.

7. I built my very first bench when I was four -- not recognizing this fabulous feat of preschool prodigy engineering, my parents did not enshrine it under glass. Amazing.


Are those weird enough? I should say so. Now for my 7SEVEN7 Tagged Blogs -- this is the hard part. However, here are my 7:

1. Oblique Angles -- Linda is the smartest, funniest, snarkiest person I know -- that last trait alone puts her in the top Favorite Blog Spot.

2. Maggie Grace Creates -- this is a new blog for me, but since I've been stopping by I almost (ALMOST) miss being a mom to a teenaged kid. (ALMOST) She writes charming and warm tidbits about her family; she is a Thinking Mom and there aren't enough of those. Run see her -- you're going to love her stuff.

3. Paper Pony -- this is such a charming blog. It's colorful and fanciful. Go peek -- you'll be hooked just like I was.

4. Moonbeams in a Jar -- in addition to being a quilter of amazing talents and patience, her posts are always warm and kind, yet funny. It's a great combination -- like the right pieces of a quilt.

5. Daisy Cottage -- this feels like home... only cleaner, better organized and prettier. This blog is as cheerful as a summer afternoon with a long cold lemonade.

6. Back Porch Musings -- I go here when I feel the need to set back, rest my feet up and just absorb post after botanical post. When she says "back porch", she means it. If you have a green thumb, or just wish you did, go see Pat's Back Porch.

7. Sara in Mali -- I have known Sara's mother since... 1978 -- but I have never met Sara -- she wasn't born yet. And now she is a college graduate, she is in the Peace Corps, she is in Mali. Or she should be again very soon; Sara had to come home briefly. This is such a cool blog, documenting the everyday events of a Peace Corps volunteer halfway around the world. Beware, the post under the heading , BAD DAY TO BE A SHEEP, is not for the squeamish.

I hope you go to places you've never been before.

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

OH you weirdo you !!!! Ha !!!

Thanks for tagging me -- I'm sure if I can't think of 7 weird things about myself, my kids and hubby can!

Mary Anne said...

I just read your "weird" list again -- doe your ex husband really haunt you? Wow ! that's pretty creepy!

OldBagNewTricks said...

I can say this -- being haunted by a dead ex-husband is far far better than being haunted by a live one. But then everybody knows that.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOLx2...I want you at every party I give ...:)

maggiegracecreates said...

thank you for the really nice things you said about me here. I have been visiting regularly since vallen linked you. my post today will be the wierd things.

Mary Anne said...

You know where Tamaqua is ?!?!!!!

NO WAY !! That's a hoot ! And Schuylkill Haven -- we've been there at least a zillion times for kids' wrestling matches and tournaments this past winter. Small world !

(P.S. I agree with you about the dead ex husband vs the live one !)