Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What the Flock?

The crafts I come up with for the Little Old Ladies in my art group usually must fit these three criteria: it must be easy, it must be beautiful, it must be useful... But every now and then we throw caution to the wind and just fool around.




This was such a fun project. What I do is gather supplies. For the flocking I took this fuzzy, eyelashy yarn see...


Then I shredded it into a billion pieces.

I shredded deep pink, bright orange, royal purple and very black. It was fun, fun, fun (but you can see that).

All the supplies were collected into the spectacular Art Case -- all the flocking, the glue, the masks, the rhinstones, the glitter, the sequins and most importantly, the feathers. The art case, packed with mask-making-booty, was dragged to the epi-center of Little Old Lady Crafting Headquarters...


where we had a blast -- so much fun was mask-making that I forgot to take pictures. Oops. It isn't the first time. But trust me, they had a helluva swell time. One of them made a purple and orange mask and anther went hog wild with the feathers, one was entirely enamoured of rhinstones. One, who says every week, "I can't do this, I can't do anything," succeeded in making the most beautiful mask ever. And they asked the same question they ask every week, "How do you come up with these ideas?" If truth be told... I came across a big bag of cool feathers and had to have a place to go with them.

If you were to hide yourself behind a mask, what secret would it conceal?

3 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I love the art case. I have an old suitcase full of tulle right now and my plan is to make this into a case of my own.

Have a great day.

Tami Bayer said...

Oh, what a fun time for the ladies. I love the supplies you used. Nothing to hide behind my mask, it's all out there in plain view.

Betty said...

Jenny, I just wish you lived near me! What a wonderful day!