Monday, October 1, 2007

Dying for a New Purse

This bad pun was bound to come up sooner or later. I LOVE to dye stuff... any stuff. Tops, bed sheets, wee little ribbons, great big drapes. I need less than no incentive to drag out my boxes of dye. I mix colors, I blend colors, I play like nobody's in charge.



But this time I really have a good excuse ~ my old purse is ratty. I need a new one. And I can't just go to the store to buy a purse. (I'm beginning to notice that I can't just go to the store to buy anything -- first it was curtains. I can't buy curtains -- I have to make them. Then it was doggy collars... and pillow shams, towel trims, dust ruffles.) Once I even made my own dining room rug. This is getting out of hand isn't it? I'll consult a psychiatrist another time -- just now I have a purse in need of making. So, I have dyed my fabrics, gathered my pieces, cut out my "pattern" -- "Pattern? I don't need no stinking pattern."


I have embellished my pocket. Stitched down my straps. (yes, it is lined, I should have showed it to you.) Then I stitched and snipped and fluffed my fringe.
Looky here, Mama's got a brand new bag. How cool is that?

8 comments:

Betty said...

You're right! That is very cool! I love your dyed ribbons.

PAT said...

Jenny, this bag is beautiful!!

I enjoyed the Dancing post. I love that show, too! I missed it last week!! Now I'm playing catchup!

Pat

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh my that is WAY COOL !!!!
You are a wonderment of talent and design and I love seeing your creations.

(())

Vallen said...

You are a genius. That's all.
I am with you on the "can't buy anything at the store"
What gluttons for punshment we are. But very unique ones.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Jenny,
That is lovely. I saw the color combinations and the fabric and thought what is she going to make. Now that it is complete, I say "bravo!"

Mary Anne said...

What a GREAT purse ! ! BEAUTIFUL !!! Love all the pretty colors !
(P.S. thanks for the well wishes for my mom -- she's doing really well.)

Anonymous said...

that is just too much fun~

Anonymous said...

I love your new bag, Jenny!