Monday, April 16, 2007

Not Invited to the Ball... Oh My



Are these not the saddest, sorriest, most pitiful faces? They are moping and sad and gloomy faces. Left out, ignored, neglected. These are the faces of dogs, and a cat, who were not invited to the Ball. Worse yet, their Mommy is the Ball Master -- the maker of all things frivolous and fun... So while I was making party hats and favors, magical wands and froggies for Party Princesses toToss Back into the Pond, my own Princesses were bored, bored, bored. Natalie, the black and brown dog on the right, looks especially accusatory. Bailey, the black cat is more resigned, "Go ahead, do your party, just don't be surprised to find a mouse in your shoe... maybe not today... but someday... " Little Talia, though, maybe because she is in the back corner, maybe because she is so pale makes her seem more needy, but she looks so left out and forlorn. I'm thinking an extra piece of bacon is in order.


















I think you'll agree that the hats turned out really well. There were pink ones and orange ones and green ones. There was a specially only one Purple one for the Birthday Girl who's very favorite most color of all is purple. And we played Toss the Froggy Back -- you know that frog who endlessly wants to kiss princesses -- as a card carrying Liberated Woman (does anyone say that anymore? Does anyone even know what that means anymore?) Anyway, it seems appropriate to me to Toss the Froggy Back in the Pond. We made Magical Wands because every princess needs one. And we Paid the King's Ransom which is a game I completely made up because we needed one. It was a really fun party. I didn't make the food or the cake for this one, but I can say they were delicious. And now I am thinking that to make up for neglecting those poor pitiful dogs, and the cat, I need to save my bacon with a bit of bacon. Do you think they can be bribed into happiness and loving me again with mere bacon? I think so too.

5 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

well at the very least you could've made them hats too!
I LOVE the princess hats...and I've tossed a few froggies back into the pond myself so I bet that was a FUN game not to mention giving the little ladies some good practice :)
I'm thinking two pieces of bacon, minimum.

Trudi said...

Very cute. My "kids" give me the guilt trip all the time. They hate Monday mornings when I go to work. It's a sad sad morning.

Mary Anne said...

Very cute princess hats!! But how COULD YOU ignore those pitiful little furry faces ?!? Did they make you feel guilty enough to deserve extra treats?

Swamp Tulip said...

How adorable. I love your princess hats. I'm sure you'll make it up to your babies once you are done with your project!

I agree - two pieces of bacon - minimum!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooh those eyes~ do you really think bacon is enough? I love the party hats~ I have tossed a few frogs and paid the kings ransom more than once (today being tax day and all) LOL