Friday, April 13, 2007

Exquisite!!!


Have you made something that makes you smile from the inside out? A quilt, a garden, a birthday card... some big or little something that makes you swell with delight every time you take a peek? For me I think that thing is this pet dinette. I have only recently finished it... this one was hard. For one thing the antique bowl is very formal -- it requires more than mere ribbons... but silk? Even the daintiest dog can be sloppy. This is taffeta, dyed to the precise shade of green. I love to dye fabrics -- nothing hard or unhappy about that for me. The hard part, really, was getting the bowl to fit right. It is fluted. A plain round hole leaves a fluted bowl.... floppy. The tray had to be precisely cut to fit the flutes. Now that it does I am tickled. What do you think? Is it pretty darn cute? How would this look in your kitchen?

7 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

oh oh oh...it IS exquisite. Definitely for a VERY pampered/adored family member. Truthfully it is too beautiful for my kitchen...but then again ...Jenny I keep seeing more that I want but I don't have the room. Then again, if I can have several sets of dishes, why not Willie and Wy? LOLx2

A Cottage Industry said...

ADORABLE!!! Truly darling!

Libbys Blog said...

Hi thanks for dropping by the flower you talk about we call Pulmanaria or the common name is Lungwort! It is early flowering and as the flower ages it changes colour all the bees love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant little set! Nicely done!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Jenny, That's so cute! You've got one lucky, spoiled pooch there...hope he/she enjoys it a lot.

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality

Anonymous said...

WoW!! What a fabulous dinette~ too nice for Toby~ but maybe if he had a nice dinette~ he would have manners to match....

Gretel said...

What a gorgeous dining set up, I love the colors!