Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Little Lunch and a Chuckle

Fact of the matter is today I'm in the workshop coming up with a burfrise (surprise) for my little boy's upcoming baby boy. What ever could it be? Here is a hint... it is made of wood... and I'll show more when it's closer to being finished. Here's a peek:

Can you guess what it is?

It's comfy in the workshop today. Each day this week I've needed my heaters. And longjohns, at least in the mornings. But today it's nice, not yet ready for fans, but no longjohns required. My fingers have not gone numb. So I didn't want to leave, not even for lunch, but finally my tummy was growling, protesting against prolonged hunger. I came in for a bite.



I love these tiny sandwiches -- I make them with party breads which gives me just enough lunch and of course it lends a festive feel to the middle of my workday. It's the little things. Isn't it cute?



But the best part of lunch was blog cruising for a few minutes and I found a funny post on my friend Linda's blog, Oblique Angles . Linda used to write for the soaps and I am guessing that some of the more outlandish plot lines sprang from her funny sense of humor. One never knows what irony lives in the minds of men (and women.) Next time you are sitting at a bus stop or waiting in line at the bank, look around at the people nearby. They might be like my friend, Linda, standing around like normal people when clearly they are not, not normal at all. Go check out her silly post -- she cracks me up.

5 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

Hmmmm - I have no clue what you are making but I'll be monitoring your progress! Thanks for steering me to your friend Linda's blog. What a talent she has!

Lunch looks yummy - I'll be right over :)

Teresa

Oblique Angles said...

I love those wee sandwiches. They just warm the cockles of my heart.

But wait! A wee sandwich, carrot and celery sticks and a precious few grapes. Am I seeing a diet right in front of my eyes? I am mightily impressed. Mightily.

I've always thought if you can't be normal, at the very least be funny and silly and goofy. It's a motto I try to live by.

OldBagNewTricks said...

Linda, we should have that motto painted on your wall... I know how -- it involves chalk. And diet... oh, such an ugly ugly word. I prefer "food deprived." That's a fact.

Anonymous said...

curiouser and curiouser.... said the white rabbit to alice

Vallen said...

I love visiting Linda's blog. It always sends me into bursts of laughter. She is a gem.
The little lunch? Maybe we should all start new slim blogs. Check out Maggie Grace Creates.