Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sure, I could fold laundry...

For that matter I could wash dishes, clean out the fridge, sweep the porch, dust the lightbulbs or wax the driveway. There are dozens of inane little household chores to which I could attend... Or I could wander into my workroom and play with this...

When you come across a wee-tiny bottle as adorable and dear as this one... you can't just leave it standing there naked, awkward, shivering. It needed... beads... and paint... glitter.

For this the laundry will wait... I'm like that.

What are you like? Which art or craft grabs you by the throat and whispers in your ear, "Come play; we need you,"? What's the wee tiny naked bottle that calls your name?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh. For me it can be anything old and wooden. A chair, an end table, a dresser or an old framed mirror. I just know I love that feeling!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

oh my, for me it's almost anything...ceramics,glass,paint,wood,
paper,beads,clay,styrofoam,cloth,
sigh...too too many things LOLx2

maggiegracecreates said...

Wish I could find my creative mojo right now. Thanks for the idea abou the slides under my cabinet. I have replaced it in the bathroom with an old wooden soda crate.

I did get a second coat of paint on the inside area last night. the louvers are a b*&%) to paint. But it is turning out really cute.

maggiegracecreates said...

Opps - forgot the main reason for commenting - love that tiny bottle.

Kelly said...

I cannot resist a black felt-tip pen (or a sale at my LYS--local yarn shop)! When a pen captures my heart, the day can sail on without me!

~k

Swamp Tulip said...

I hear ya sister! I can't wait to see how you decorate the adorable little bottle. I'm sure you're having fun with it!

Teresa

Betty said...

Oh I love vintage paper, paint, new fabric and for that matter old fabric...anything other than cleaning.....LOL

Caroline B said...

Beads at the moment, or new yarn, or best of all, my paints and some bright white paper