Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Once Upon a Doorstep

On a day when my upstairs is a sHaMbLeS and my downstairs is DIS*mAn*tlEd and I am moving forward on inertia and because there is simply nowhere else to go, the mailman brings this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>v

Aren't they amazing? The packaging and labels alone are ArtPresent enough!!! See those Great BIG cherries? Hand drawn. The USPS doesn't add artwork (unless you count that stiff stylized eagle.) You should see the letters in my name upclose and personal.

These packages are sent to me all the way from Washington state by DecoDivaDeb, the result of a nickname contest in which she delighted in my entry. If you care to read it it's all here: HummadeedleDee. Mine is the 8th entry down -- OldBagNewTricks -- but the nickname I told my story about is Whistlin' Pete. Go 'head, read it, I'll wait....

Then I began opening the packages. Prizes and presents kept spilling out. It was jam packed loaded! Christmas presents aren't required to be this amazing. There were boxes and bags and envelopes, each stuffed with, well, stuff. Buttons and cards and letters and...

ribbons and totes and tins and things that hang and things that sit, things that twirl and things that glitter...
red things, purple things, yellow things, dotted things, striped things, things tied up with ribbon, things tied up with strings. Just when I thought I was done and had seen it all and was entirely finished... there were more things. Oh, this was the most wonderfullest wonderful package of all. And on a day that promised mess and mayhem... delight and wonder.

Deb, I can not thank you enough for picking me, for sending this wonderful package, for adding your personal touches and details. I am entirely enchanted -- I am going now to Bloom where I am Planted. With Glee.

Back to Work

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOO.... What yummy goodies! Wonderful eye candy! FUN!

Teem

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Now THAT is truly Christmas in July!!

Swamp Tulip said...

WOWZA! What awesome goodies. I can't wait to see what you do with all of them.

Hugs,

Teresa

Betty said...

Oh how wonderful....lots and lots of mary engelbreit stuff!! Fun! fun!

Tami Bayer said...

Beautiful mail art, yummy goodies, and delicious descriptions.