Sunday, July 8, 2007

$19 Worth of Flea Market Dishes

First of all I am tickled... second of all... to figure out how to make it all work.


Work into what, you ask.... Oh, how to explain... these lovely dishes are destined to be an intregal function of my Froggy Pond Fountain... Aren't they lovely? I love dishes. I had three sets of dishes for my own use before I knew I was collecting. At five sets it was borderline obsessing.

So it makes sense that I should have dishes in my Froggy Pond Fountain...


Oh, pinks and greens and flowers, oh my. I'm not sure if they will all fit in ... clearly I have more dishes than I have space in my dishpan. But who was I leave behind? For .50c here and a dollar there... And all of them raising their little china hands shrieking, "Pick me, pick me!!!" who, I mean which, was I to leave behind?

This is where I am spending my day, what about you?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be home cleaning and watering, and checking online to see if you have posted an update to this mystery project!!!
Tracey

Betty said...

Jenny! I can't wait to see what you do with those dishes! They're all so pretty. I totally understand the dish obsession. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. That picture was taken last November. I'll be 48 in December and I appreciate any comment about looking young! LOL

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are pretty dishes, Jenny! I can understand wanting to bring more things home....happens to me ALL the time.

Rhoda

Jean said...

Can't wait to see what you do with those dishes. They are all beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely bunch! I share your dish addiction. LOL! I can't wait to see! I've got a visual in my mind's eye! :)

Gretel said...

how mysterious, can't wait to see what you do with them! It will be lovely though, with those dishes.

Vallen said...

There is the most beautiful fountain in Mexico City that is made entirely of pieces of china, lots of it found in shipwrecked vessels. Is that your plan Miss Jenny?

Mary Anne said...

What a cute idea -- I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

And, as always, thanks for visiting over on my blog -- glad you like the garland and the birthday crown the kids made.

PAT said...

I can't wait to see how you use your dishes!!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Linda said...

Beautiful dishes ... can't wait to see them in the froggy pond fountain.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

hmmmm, okay, I revise my earlier guess...LOLx2

Swamp Tulip said...

Hmmm - what could your mystery project be?! What a score - I love finding old dishes at the flea market!

Teresa