Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tulips and Daffodils and Crocuses, Oh My




I know down to my toes, because my birthday comes in early March, that the bursting forth of spring is not really an international celebration of me... After all, sometimes, after my birthday, it is known to sleet, to snow, to pelt down hail and fling up bone chilling high winds. All manner of meteorological horrors can occur. And yet, after March 6, never before, one looks around and down and there they are -- unmistakable signs of spring. Buds and shoots and blossoms. They are so exciting and new, eager to be here and delighted to please -- I just can't help but think that these little bouquets, at least the ones in my yard, like these sweet crocuses, are gifts to me.

3 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Purple and yellow..two of my favorite colors. No more sleet, no more snow or hail, just beautiful flowers...my wish for you.

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Well, of COURSE the spring blossoms appear because of your birthday, you silly girl! I know this to be completely true because the daffodil fields in Washington bloom just in time for MY birthday each year. I researched it. ;o) So, I concurr with your scientific evidence and calculations about the flowers near YOU!!!

Now, if we could just manage to order up the WEATHER we want on our special days in March, eh?!
I hope your day was special, just like you!

Vallen said...

Heck yes, it's all for you. You should see what you got in my backyard!!!