Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hooray!!!

Looky!!! It's done, it's DONE, it's DONE!!!! Lest you think I've been lounging about popping bon-bons... shall I say, I've been indispoed. I could not be happier or more thrilled!!!! My beautiful, wonderful, spectacular chair is DONE!

Remember where it started!?! This is my shame, my embarrassment -- worse even than the Heartbreak of Psoriasis!!. This chair was loved. A LOT.



The Naked Truth.

It looks way better with Talia in it, don't you think?


Best to rip it up and renew it's dignity. I like this part -- it's satisfying and already the ugly chair looks better.

This part, though, I especially HATE. This is the cushion getting it's piping. Of all the things I sew, and I've sewn everything including dog collars and leashes, velvet capes, a Batman suit, pillows, drapes, dust ruffles, duvets -- all the usual suspects, prom dresses, baby clothes, hands down a seat cushion is the absolute most hateful hardest. All those fiddly corners, fitting the final ending of the piping... or maybe I am just a whiner.

But Tah-Da!!! Let's look at it again!!! Ain't it purty!?!

7 comments:

Betty said...

I remember that picture with Talia in the chair. Truthfully I never noticed the chair because that was the day I fell in love with Talia! I must say that the new covered chair is beautiful. Does Talia get to sit in it? LOL

Angie said...

What a great job! And don't feel bad, cushions are hard. I really don't like doing them at all.

jamjar said...

Good to hear from you Jenny, wow I am so impressed with your chair, I have a sofa that needs recovering, that I have been putting off for years!
Joy : )

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you know how to upholster a chair. And fitting those piping ends together is a nightmare. I did it once on a pillow. Still don't know how to do it. Hey...I see a tutorial in the making. Your transformation is stunning!! Have a super great Monday and fun week. ~ Lynn

Tami Bayer said...

You are not a whiner. My first thought when I looked at the gorgeous finished chair was, ooh look at that piping. Piping is really tough. You did a beautiful job of it. Now, you need to sit back and pop a few bon bons in your new chair. Bravo!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Wow!
You did a fabulous job! I wouldn't even begin to undertake a job like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Standing ovation from Whidbey for you, Jenny! I've yet to muster up courage to try my hand at reupholstering. I'm afraid I'll start and never finish! Looks great!