Monday, February 16, 2009

I haven't fallen in... yet

Hello, hello, -- I am upholstering this poor tattered chair -- the same one Talia is sitting on over there >>>> It desperately needs doing, don't you think?


It's the last big thing I have to do in the living room. (Hooray.)

The poor hideous chair has been hiding beneath a veil of canvas and who can blame it? This chair has had a long and checkered past -- and you wouldn't believe what was found within. Mail... rocks... spare change and curiously, the collar to a cat whose name we don't recognise belonging to a neighbor we never knew. (Having experienced one teenager in the house you learn to not press for answers to the hard questions.)


The hard part of upholstering, after selecting new fabric, is stripping off the old fabric. Sheesh -- this can take days.

While we're waiting for the end result I wanted to thank everyone for voting for my sweet Talia in the Bissell Sweeper SpokesPet Contest -- somehow she didn't win. Go figure. Still, she remains Queen Bee in my heart. And we'll just have to think up a different way to raise a few dollars for the no kill shelter my youngest niece rescues for. We so much Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Now, I am back to that upholstering thing. Ick. (It'll be lovely when it's done, It'll be lovely when it's done... this is my new mantra. It'll be lovely when it's done.) Ok, here's a peek at where this is going, but don't tell a living breathing soul, ok?



Back At It,
Jenny

6 comments:

Jasmine said...

Can't wait to see what comes of the chairs! I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I know it will be beeeeyouteeful when you finish. I have two wing chairs waiting to be done...could you come visit me?

(())

Tami Bayer said...

It's going to be gorgeous. Love the fabric you've chosen. You are a very brave do it yourself upholsterer. I've only tackled dining chairs.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be loverly, Jenny! The perfect chair for curling up in with a good book! I am shocked that Talia wasn't chosen! What were they thinking? :) Well, at least we won't have to worry about stardom going to her cute little head. :)

Queenly Things said...

It will be TERRIFIC when it's done. You always do stupendous work.

Jean said...

Jenny, I'm lovin' the fabric for your chair! Can't wait to see the results. The shelf over your buffet is perfect and the dishes look lovely on it! No reason to hide such gorgeous china. For some reason you aren't coming up on bloglines. Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. Jean