Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Won, I Won, I Won!!!

Some weeks back The Slipcover Diva, Angie, held a drawing -- the prize being a lovely-exquisite-beautiful custom silk screen.

Be still my heart, I WON!!


And look, there are TWO!!!


For one thing I am thrilled -- they are so beautiful. For another thing, I haven't yet decided what to do with them... make pillows, frame them? Add fringe? Put them on the bed? The sofa?

It hasn't quite come to me yet... but soon -- I will get an image in my head of the right fabrics, the right trims, the right place. What to do, what to do?

For now I am content to simply gaze at them... and consider the possibilities.

One thing that keeps coming to mind is that I want to learn how to silk screen too.

Does it take you awhile to figure out how components should go into place? Or do you just know, right away, no hesitations?

(I'm thinking plaid... or paisley... I'm thinking I will think it out again.)

Thank you, Angie -- I am so honored and humbled to have a piece of your art for my very own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How absolutely beautiful! You lucky gal you! I think they would make gorgeous pillows or look good framed over each nightstand? Not sure as I have not seen your bedroom but I was so excited for YOU, I started thinking of ME. lol!

Mary Anne Drury said...

OOOOOOOHhhhhh!!! lucky you !!!!Those are GORGEOUS !!

Here's a thought .... you could make a cape and applique one of your "J's" on it and then make a shirt and applique the other "J" on that .... then you'll be "Super Jenny" !!! Ta Daaaaaa.....

Angie said...

Thanks Jenn, so glad you like it. Can't wait to see what you do. Check out my blog, I have a post about how I do my printing.

Queenly Things said...

Sometimes it takes years. Sometimes it takes misplacing something and then finding it again long after. But occasionally, when Jupiter's aligned with Mars, it all comes together in a moment.
Those are gorgeous pieces. You could make me a pillow. Sometimes queen starts with J.

Tami Bayer said...

Such a lovely gift. Sometimes it takes years to figure out what to do with some lovely bit I had to bring home. At first I see a lovely bag made with your monogram.