Monday, May 5, 2008

The Stand


So, Talia, The Wee Queen of Oh-So-Much, is pretty sure she can not compete with this little man (and hiding back there behind chair legs is Natalie poised to beat a hasty retreat) So goes my days of late -- Stay and fight it out or cut my losses and run? THAT is the question.

Ahhhhh. I so apologize for my lengthy absences. I am tied up and covered over with project after project on top of project to where just mowing the lawn seems a monumental undertaking.


In fact, under all those limbs, mowing my lawn IS monumental.

As you can see, my cottage is very old... i.e. decrepit in the most adorable way, but decrepit all the same. That porch needs replacing, the driveway is a crumble. We won't even peek at the back porch. Those tree limbs had to come out... I was so grateful for the few days they lay on the hillside -- so long as the hillside was buried I was relieved of the chore of mowing. Hooray. Yet, I am still engaged in indoor projects. The china cabinet got cut out yesterday, the dining room drapes await hemming, new shelves for a kitchen wall are now painted and might (might) get installed this evening... or not.

I haven't yet decided if the issue is money or time or bodies to actually do the deeds. I do know that when I pass by neat and tidy and completed little condo parks I am sorely intrigued.

And for a bit my computer and my camera were so annoyed with one another that they ceased to chat. After many long deliberations I have brokered an uneasy peace. For now, at least, the works are, well, working again.

As it is, I will continue plugging along as best I can, ever mindfull that all work comes to an abrupt halt upon the arrival of this little face:

Kai William -- 10 1/2 mos.

5 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I know I've told you your cottage is adorable before but I have to say it again. Same for that precious little face...goodness how he has grown !!!
You've been so busy and I've really missed you.

(())

Betty said...

I love your decrepit old cottage. I would love to have one like that some day. I probably be too old to work on it by the time I actually get to buy one. Is that your grandson? He can't be that big already?! Adorable!

Tami Bayer said...

That is the sweetest little face ever! I would not do a single bit of work while he was there either. So nice to hear from you. Love your cottage, it is perfect in every way.

Vallen said...

Oh, how can anything matter when there are eyelashes on cute faces staring up at you?

Mary Anne said...

Oh yea .... that looooooooong "to do" list...... I'm familiar ...

....however, that is a very CUTE cottage .... and an even CUTER little kid !!! (I can't believe how big he is already!)