Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Keeping Busy

Because I haven't enough to do, what with chasing fishes and cabinetmaking class and working a bazillion and a half hours a week, I needed a little something to fill the empty hours of my quiet little life. Sooooo, after having the hideous behemoth radiator ripped out (wasn't THAT fun?)and painting walls, and then having carpet laid, I selected new colors for upholstery...

And then I ripped into the sofa like nobody's business! Can I just mention here how very much I HATED that old upholstery? I love the shape and size and scope of this sofa... but the medium blue that went with nothing and always looked dirty. Blech.



I'm liking this black and white check. The idea for black and white check came from a ribbon poppy pin I made once. The ribbon poppy, pretty enough, needed something... a background...

See, the black and white just goes...


And it goes with everything... and green, the color of leaves, goes with everything too ... hmmmm, a Decor Is Born, almost.


And there it is, awaiting drapes and pillows and pictures, behold, the sofa, because I just didn't quite have enough to do (but truly because I could not stand that dirty medium blue that didn't go with anything another minute.) Up next... something purple. Who doesn't like purple?

11 comments:

Connie said...

The sofa looks wonderful!!! Ahem, how about a little tutorial on how to do that?

Love your blog.

Rosie's Whimsy said...

You sofa looks fabulous! I love the black and white check.... perfect :-)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh I LOVE purple. I have purple walls...and lots of purple other stuff.
I also love your couch and everything you are doing....

Tami Bayer said...

You must live on caffeine...I can't believe all the amazing things you do. This is gorgeous. I adore black and white in the decor. It grounds everything.

Jean said...

The sofa looks great! I con't wait to see everything done! Love the black and white check!

Vallen said...

So you just whip off old upholstery and quietly and quickly replace it with a professional new upholstery - just like that? You are the woman I most want to be like - seriously.

Angie said...

What a transformation! Go girl!

Anonymous said...

You recovered that all by yourself? Wow! I just happen to love black and white. My family room sofas are black and white checks and the wing chairs are a combination of black and white checks and a floral. I love it. Shoot...half my closet is black and white. LOL...So sorry you had posting troubles at my blog. xoxo Lynn

KT said...

That is awesome! Where did you learn to do that? Reupholstery scares me a little. Harder than making a slipcover as far as I'm concerned.
Katie

Betty said...

I love that check. You did a great job. I wish I had the nerve to recover mine.

PAT said...

I love black and white check! Your sofa is beautiful!!

Pat