Monday, November 5, 2007

Blankets and Sweaters and PotPie, Oh My

Finally, autumn is upon us -- frost is on the pumpkin and it's about time. Toward the end of August... and this year it was all through September and then all through October, I was so looking forward to selecting sweaters...

"Hmmm, the peach, no the green, the yellow... oh, purple, where's purple?"


snuggling into blankets...


(I have kind of a blanket thing... can you tell? I see them at auctions and flea markets and think.... "I will cut that up into pillows," or "I will upholster a chair," but then I never do, so here they are for the snuggling. )

...and dishing up PotPie. (The recipe for this, in as much as I can follow a recipe, I got from MaryAnne .) Gotta say, it was delish.

Ahhhhhh, Autumn... it almost makes wilting through the doggiest days of summer worth it... almost.

What's your favorite part of Autumn?

11 comments:

Jean said...

I love the cool weather too1 That grandson is such a cutie! Nothing beats being a Grandma and it only gets better!

M.E. said...

OMG! That pot pie looks so amazing! Please post the recipe!

Tami Bayer said...

yummy...got the recipe off your link. I love the turning of the leaves and the crunchy sound they make on our afternoon walks/romps with the pups.

KT said...

You are a kindred spirit for sure! I have a similar pile of blankets.
Katie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh my, pot pie one of my flavorites !

Vallen said...

Yep, all those things. That's what I like about cooler weather, which, by the way, is a long time coming out here on the sinister coast.

Swamp Tulip said...

I am a cool weather person also. I can smell your pot pie and it smells yummy!

Teresa

Betty said...

I wish we had autumn here! It is supposed to be 80° here today. I do love the fall colors though and the crisp mornings and nights. Turkey day too.

Gretel said...

You can never have enough blankets! I've just fallen in love with that delicous pink and cream one peeking from that bundle there...

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Oh My Goodness, Jenny, I am Soooooo jealous of all those downy soft cashmere-looking sweaters you have! What a candy store of a closet!

sigh. I remember the days when I loved wearing cozy warm cuddly sweaters. I was the girl who just could.not.get.warm.enough. Mother Nature thinks she's funny....now, post-surgery, I am the girl who has hot flashes in a long sleeve T shirt on a fifty-five degree day.I hardly ever get to wear sweaters anymore, so I'll enjoy them vicariously thru your collection, Miss Jen!

Anonymous said...

Your pot pie looks heavenly... I am sucker for anything with a crust!

I must admit that autumn = hat season for me... I love this time of year.

Thanks so much for featuring my hats here on your site... I am tickled!