Monday, November 12, 2007

Just a Little Housekeeping

I have these cabinets, see. It seemed like a good idea at the time -- "Install cabinets in the dining room, to store fabric, because who uses a dining room? If there's fabric in there then it's a sewing room."

Molly thought it was a swell idea.



All those cabinets were packed full of fabric. (We won't discuss the closet across the way.) And it was a fine idea as far as it went, but frankly I took it too far. My dining room was always a mess... and so the only solution was to clean it up.




I emptied the cabinets


And took them out...

And I emptied and removed the shelves...
And painted the wall. The carpet people will be here Wednesday. At this point it may not look like much.... but I'm pooped.

I don't dare turn the camera in the other direction -- all that mess had to go somewhere. It is now a toss up between Trash Day or a Goodwill run. (But if you've wondered at all where I have been, what I have been doing... wonder no more -- I've been buried under piles of my own debris.)

UPDATE: The cabinets will not be returning -- I sold them on CraigsList -- God LOVE CraigsList. My sewing/art room has moved upstairs. My plan is to make this space into a proper dining room -- an odd idea, but I am going to try it.

9 comments:

Gretel said...

It must be something in the air, this is the third blog post I've read in half an hour about studio makeovers! Those look like very useful cabinets, I can't wait to see what it will look like when it's all done up!

Angie said...

I love the cabinets! Will they go back in? And my kittie would have taken up residence there.

Thanks for the well wishes on Veterans day. Back at you

Angie

Tami Bayer said...

I'm often buried under piles of my own debris. I just put cabinets in my crafty space, and they do fill up quickly. It looks lovely.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh boy ! A place to eat when I come visit...

No wonder you are pooped.

Betty said...

You have so much energy and I am pooped. Good for you for getting your dining room back.

Vallen said...

Oh, gosh everybodies doing it. I should, too. Good on you Miss J.

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

i am about to embark on a studio makeover...unmakeover..cause i have to unmake a lot before i can even think about makeover...best of luck...blessings, rebecca

PAT said...

You've been busy!! I am looking forward to seeing your "proper" dining room:-).

Have a great weekend!
Pat

Mary Anne said...

WOW ! You have been a busy girl! But, isn't the kitty missing that great kitty fort? ---Is your dining room going to be finished in time for me to mooch Thanksgiving dinner at your house?