Thursday, June 7, 2007

So Many Projects...

Perhaps it is a function of my age... there's just been so much time elapse, allowing for backed up projects. All I know is I turned around three times and my work room was buzzing as I was merely passing through...

It all seems to go along swimmingly. I have a plan. There's a baby gift, a graduation gift, a "You are My Friend gift"... on top of "I need to sell something so I can buy more supplies" projects. I have motivation... then somebody calls. Somebody needs me to babysit, somebody wants an Art Party... or most recently, somebody died (an uncle, my dad's last living brother -- I am more driver than mourner, either way, I've got to drop my work and go.)

Mmmmmmm, what to do, what to do? What I was thinking was... I could clone myself... Well, you didn't think my solution was to stop this "make it madness" and simply go "buy" gifts, did you? I'm not sure I would know how... Hmmmm, I'll visit that one a while. Have a Terrific Day; I gotta run.

10 comments:

Vallen said...

"If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs"
I would be losing mine in a very quiet kind of scary way.

OldBagNewTricks said...

And blaming it on you -- If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you... but make allowance for their doubting too... If you can wait and not be tired by waiting or being lied about don't deal in lies, or being hated, don't give way to hating nor look too good nor talk to wise... (It's on my weird things... sponeous bursting into poetry... I would be losing my mind too... but their's always another day, Scarlet.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Well, there can only be ONE Jenny. Fortunately I know you can handle it all.
Looking forward to seeing your newest creations.
(( ))

OldBagNewTricks said...

I should point out that my spontaneous burst of poetry is the next few stanzas or lines oif what Vallen began with her line "If you can keep your head when all about you are loosing theirs," It's the poem "IF" by Rudyard Kipling, of KIM and JUNGLE BOOK fame. The last line is, "And what is more, you'll be a man my son."

Francie -- I have so many balls up in the air that it is inevitable that they will come crashing down upon me someday soon.

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

This is a cute post! I've watched the movie Multiplicity more times than I can count so that I am prepared for the day that we will get our personal clones! jk... I can totally relate to your project room - sounds just like mine!

LaurieAnna

Betty said...

Your life sounds like mine right now. Whip us up a magic spell!

OldBagNewTricks said...

A Magic Spell!!!! Splendid idea -- has your house and home and sanity gone South with you? I will have to weave a little calming magic... as soon as I get done with the seventeen things I gotta do today.

Mary Anne said...

YIKES !! oh how I can relate to the "way too much to do and way too little time to do it" syndrome. My plan , so far includes: 1) teaching my sewing machines to sew without me -- autopilot? and if that doesn't work, 2)hiring elves . I'll let you know how this all works out......

OldBagNewTricks said...

Elves? They are not as readily available as one might hope... but oh, I need a gross of those.

Jenny

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to this. What is it about us that we can't "just" Buy a gift???
Oh I so wish I could but no babies must have hand mades and friends must be form my hands to their hearts, many times I'm late with getting them their gifts. But I am getting better. I did buy a 16 boy a gas card the other day and it felt really good.LOL
I don't make anything someone that age or gender would care for.
Teemie