Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Hello, hello, Bloggy Friends -- thank you all so much for checking in and checking on me. I've been very very busy -- my business is growing by frightful leaps and bounds AND I am trying very hard to pull together my first floor. So when I am not working I am sewing and staining, sawing and stapling. Yikes. I didn't mean to be away this long, but actuially I've had little to say other than, "I'm still working on the Great Big Cabinet," or, "I squeezed in an extra client today and I'm pooped," or even, more commonly, "I am still looking for a china cabinet/hutch/buffet, round four." None of that would have made very interesting reading. And less than no pictures -- but as soon as I figure how to photograph paint drying...

I have made a bit of progress, though. On our way home from Cumberland we stopped at an odd little flea market and tucked in the back corner, behind booths of new merchandise, socks and gems, pet food and tools, was one lady selling antiques. She was closing out one of her booth spaces at some mighty attractive prices. So I got this for a song:


This is near the front door and as soon as I decide if it should get a mirror or that beautiful piece of art above it -- framing that print was a Christmas present from My Sweetheart.


This is the spot where that hideous radiator once stood!!! Remember?



This doesn't work like those TV shows where the whole house is revamped by a crew of worker bees in 25 minutes or less. All this work and all these decisions and all this money is coming from me -- in drips and drabs.

This is where I have been, partly and very soon I will have some Oh~So~Nice finished photos. But for now back to work with me -- today I am sewing drapes. Hooray!!!!

8 comments:

Vallen said...

I have missed you but am struck dumb by your enterprise and cunning. You are an amazement, my friend.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

YEA !!! Jenny I wouldn't mind watching the paint dry or reading your treasure hunting stories...

Love the "new" things you are finding.

(())
Francie

Betty said...

Hey Jenny! Glad to see you back! The good thing about all those jobs you're doing is you'll have more money for decorating! That's a good thing!

Tami Bayer said...

Glad to know you are busy and doing well. I love to hear the treasure hunting and re-vamping stories. Lovely find.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Your "find" is so wonderful! I know, it looks so quick and easy on tv...the reality is slow, but the end result is just as great.

xo Lidy

Angie said...

So glad to see you back! I was at a house last week doing a slipcover fitting and it was like a TV show. At least 20 people working trying to pull it all together for the homeowner who was flying in later that day.

But not at my house! It's just little ole me. Can't wait to see everthing finished.

Angie

PAT said...

It's all coming together, Jenny! I'm so excited for you. I love that great little piece you picked up. Some of the best things are found tucked away in corners!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny!

You have been BUZY!!
Your new piece is beautiful and the sewing drawers by the radiator, wow. Very sweet piece.

Hope life is treating you kind. (()) Teemie