Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Talia Likes to Help

Of course I can't sew and paint and upholster by myself. Lucky for me, Talia likes to help. See, she's holding down the drapery fabric, lest it float away:


I could not have sewn these drapes without her:

It was Talia's idea to paint that cabinet black -- I think it's striking, don't you? Remember it used to be green -- nice enough, but it would have clashed with these walls and the new drapes.

Thank goodness for Talia, who simply wears herself out helping me. After her nap she'll be designing and working with me real soon.

8 comments:

Betty said...

I love Talia! Can she come and help me fix up my house. I am dying to paint my china cabinet but the hubby likes the oak. I think it looks dated. We'll see who wins.

Tami Bayer said...

Good job Talia. A touch of black adds elegance to any room. Love the transformation of this piece.

PAT said...

Talia is a cutie pie! I like your new drapes and painting the cabinet black, really made a difference.

We had a headboard painted for us, yesterday.....at an auto body shop! I'll post about it when the little project is finished.

Pat

Angie said...

My BJ is not so helpful. All he does is keep the chair warm. I love the cabinet black. I'm painging everything black lately.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

That looks fabulous! Thanks to Talia I'm sure....
Willie and Wynona help me a lot too. Mostly Wy because, well she's a girl.

(())

Anonymous said...

Talia should train a team and you could send them out to help others.

Mary Anne said...

OH !! Everything looks SO pretty !!....and that Talia ..... she's helpful just like my Daisy is !!!! ...and very cute, too!

Anonymous said...

Talia is a good helper and she has very good taste and style.~S