Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Busy Busy Bunny


Looks like I won't be languishing in my cozy wicker chair, noshing on tea cakes or reading mindlessly into the night anytime soon. This is shaping up into one of those "Run Hither, Run Thither" kind of weeks. Two days ago I had scheduled little more than a couple of Art Parties, then a couple of phone calls later and I am scrambling to catch my breath.

What is it they say, if you want something done, ask a busy person. Tag, I'm it this week. And actually it seems I do get more accomplished when more is expected of me. I'm the Art Lady, The Cleaning Lady, the Chief Baker and Bottle Washer this week. And because I didn't have enough to do, I invited my son and daughter-in-law this evening for dessert -- they are coming to pick-up a little something for LeBebe. I should be ashamed to say that I am serving to my daughter-in-law, the pastry chef, a boxed mix cake -- but I am not. If we could all whip up fabulous cakes from scratch she would be out of a profession.
In addition, because I haven't nearly enough to do I've ordered the most FABulous tactile silk plaid for LeBebe's basinette. I've been eyeing this fabric for weeks, but the sale goes off tomorrow. And I want that fabric. I've lost out often enough by waiting too long, dragging my feet, hemming and hawing.... I know what a hem is, but what exactly does a haw look like? And how do I know when I'm doing it? So, I have ordered the fabric and it is winging it's way to my nimble fingers now.
So, I have Art projects to prepare and cake to bake... I'm at least going to make the fake cake look good... Better get cracking. I'll let you know how it turns out -- even if it's bad. Bad cake can make a nice picture or a funny picture. Did anyone ever die from bad cake? Come to think of it, as a family we still chuckle over a coffee "ground" cake one of our members made some forty years ago, though we don't yet speak of it.
And I am off, late, for a very important date.

3 comments:

Oblique Angles said...

I hope the busy, busy bunny takes a moment to stop and smell the roses...no, wait...stop and eat a carrot. That's better. I have to tell you that tea set-up and cozy seating arrangement looks very tempting. No doubt, I would stop there for a spell and ponder the runnings hither and yonder portion of your activity card! It never hurts to ponder. And when pondering, it never hurts to be comfy and cozy.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

1.There is no such thing as bad cake.
2. You are spoiling that baby.
3. "Haw" means go left or towards you (in the US, in England just the opposite)so the "haw" in "hemming and hawing" means you are going in circles. Makes sense to me.
4. Everything Oblique Angles said.
5. Remember to breathe through your nose.
6. Yay! a new post. Will be waiting for the next one.

Sandi said...

Hello,
Found your blog thru the BlissGuild and just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm a fairly new blogger too.
Sandi