Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted

Surely, I am delighted to have laid not one, not two, but three lengths of fabric cloth in the Children's Garden. That's 150 feet of garden fabric stretched, overlapped, pegged and trimmed. This is the garden fabric so carefully fitted so's errant plants and weeds don't come bursting through...


And yet, how to complain about Daffodils... I should be thanking my lucky stars that they were determined enough to bother.
And these little daffodils popped unexpectedly in the lilly bed


My guess is this is the work of an industrious squirrel who must be thinking this compost bin is sort of an outdoor pantry.

However they got here, wherever they grew, I've gathered daffies from all over my yard for a beautiful indoor bouquet.

7 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy April! :) xo Lidy

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Oh, those Daffies are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts to find, Jenny! Those daffs by the pond were VERY determined! :-) Hope you are feeling better!

Queenly Things said...

Daffodils unbidden? What fun times must go on in your yard when you're not looking.

Anonymous said...

Lots of work but oh so pretty.

I must add that I love your profile about 50 NOT being the new 30. lol! I turn 50 in 2 months so I hear you. lol!

Tami Bayer said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers. The daffodils are blooming here, too. They are the first sign of spring for me. So sorry you've been feeling sick.

Jean said...

Not many of my daffodils bloomed this year and you get blooms you didn't even plant! What's up with that?!! Jean