Monday, September 8, 2008

I Love Paris When It Sizzles...

Never in my adult life have I taken a vacation for no reason other than "I wanna GO!" Till now. The Boyfriend and I are going to Paris!!!! See, I have my planner all tricked out. Hiding under that orderly cover is just another ugly composition book. Making the cover made my planner that much extra special. It would make a nice journal, though I am not the journaling sort. My composition book, all spiffed up, is being used for planning our trip to London, Paris and Germany.



We have our Eurail pass and our museum pass. We've reserved our hotels and we've sketched out an itinerary.



I'm so excited I could scream. My idea of a swell time is to be neither scheduled down to the last milisecond of the day, but to not fly entirely by the seat of my pants. Toward this end I have studied up on our destinations to the best of my patience anfd focus level, so we get to see and do what for us is the most important things to see and do... Then, worked into these plans, is a little wiggle room. I'm a big fan of wiggle room.



The grand plan is to fly into London, stay one night, have quick peek about, take the chunnel from London to Paris. We'll be in Paris for five days. For me the big drawing card are the flea markets. Every European city has art and fabulous food... but they don't all have flea markets. I can't wait.

After Paris we are taking the train to Germany. The Boyfriend has been to Germany a number of times and I lived there for three years when I was in the Air Force. We're taking a Rhine River cruise, we're staying in castles. There will be wine and festivals and... and shopping for baby clothes. Oh, and eating. There will be loads and loads of eating.

Our Departure Date is 23 September -- two weeks!!!! Every couple of days till I leave I'll bring about various aspects of our plans. For now, au revoir!

11 comments:

Vallen said...

Oh, loads of eating. I can't wait to hear all about it. Perhaps you could journal about the food and flea markets, just for me.

Anonymous said...

Jenny I am so excited for you! It sounds like a dream trip. I can't wait to hear about it and of course, I am looking forward to lots of photos!

Bon Voyage!

Angie said...

Oh, I wish I could go. I know you will have the time of your life.

Gretel said...

I only live across the water from it and I have never been to Paris, I look forward to hearing all about it.

Jean said...

Aren't you the lucky girl! I'm glad to see you're still alive and well! Jean

KT said...

How fun! I love your planner. You made it look so beautiful.
Katie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh, is there wiggle room to take me along??? I miss you but I know you have been so busy working and planning etc. I know you will have the most fabulous time too.
Will look forward to hearing about your journey, the wonderful finds and the wonderful food.

(())

Tami Bayer said...

Oh, can you see the pea green pallor on me from there. It sounds like an amazing vacation. I have very fond memories of the rhine valley and Cologne in particular. What an amazing adventure. Enjoy every moment. I can only imagine the flea markets. Pure heaven.

Dori said...

I am just so excited for you, Jenny! :)

Betty said...

Oh!! I am so jealous! You lucky, lucky woman!! I hope you have a wonderful time! Have some apple strudel for me!

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Miss Jenny, I am SO thrilled for you! I know you will have a simply wonderful 'Cinderella at the Ball' time as you discover beautiful treasures and fabulous food everywhere you go. What a dream trip...

Can't wait to see photos when you return. Bon Voyage, Mon Cherie!