Monday, September 22, 2008

All My Bags are Packed

Clearly I am not quite right -- clearly. As evidenced in what I do just before a longish trip. Most people trouble themselves to stop the mail, run a load of wash, leave a key with a neighbor -- typical pedestrian acts. What I do, however, is tile the backsplash.


In my defense it badly needed doing. I do wicked wanton things to my counter and backsplash area. (I'm not sure what you might be thinking, but lets come back to reality and clear up a few things -- what I am talking about is dying fabric, which splatters badly and makes a mess on the wall behind the sink.)

I just couldn't stand the notion of coming home to that splattered backsplash wall one more time, so something had to be done. And as I always say, there's no job worth doing that can't benefit from the use of power tools. Like this wet saw -- rented from Home Depot. Hooray!


It turned out nicely, I think. That whole area now feels like a real home, finished and ready for living. This is what I want to come home to.


Ahhhhh, and it goes so nicely with my pots.


All righty -- NOW I'm ready to go to the airport.

Au Revoir

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage, Jenny!

Your backsplash looks fabulous!

Queenly Things said...

I love the color of the grout. That part of the kitchen looks fantastic. I totally see why you'd want to get it done. Au Revoir, mon ami. And don't forget - take notes!!!!

Jean said...

The backsplash looks great! Have a wonderful trip! Jean

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh Jenny, what a wonderful cottage you have to come home to ! Not to mention numerous friends who will be waiting to hear every single detail about your trip....


(())

Tami Bayer said...

You may just find another pretty pot in France to add to your collection. Your backsplash is wonderful. Enjoy every moment of your journey.