Monday, July 7, 2008

Goosey Goosey Gander

The Goosies are Blooming, The Goosies are Blooming!!!!!

Don't they look like little goosey heads? This is Gooseneck Loosestrife and it is my favorite thing in my garden. Many flowers make me smile -- but this one makes me laugh out loud.

They are fun and fancy and happy. A whole gaggle of geese marching with purpose across the lawn. Admittedly this corner of my garden is sadly neglected, due in no small part to the goosies.



Beside them is a rose bush that needs to be yanked down, which is no small thing, so that we can get to the fence which needs to be yanked down, which is no small thing... but to get to the rose and to the fence we would have to tromp through the goosies... And I can't bare to trample them. Maybe over winter when they've sunk back to the earth. But right now the rose and the fence can wait a while... while the goosies are blooming. Next year I will move a few to the Children's Garden

8 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhhh I couldn't trample the goosies either...they are just delightful !
You must be very busy working on your lovely cottage. I think it's very wise of you to wait to get to the fence and enjoy the beautiful flowers.

(())

Jean said...

Love the "goosies"! I hope things are well with you and you are just not posting because you are getting soooo much done!

Mary Anne said...

Hi Jenny! Such pretty flowers!! I'm with you ... if something has what it takes to survive in my garden in spite of what I do or don't do to it .... it deserves to not be trampled on!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Ohh, I LOVE those!! Aren't they so graceful, and fun to look at? You are right, they make you smile.:)
xo Lidy

Betty said...

Jenny, those are pretty. I've never heard of goosestrife. They really do look like little gooseheads.

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

I have never seen such flowers. You had me laughing too. Do they have a zone? They must, I've never seen them in WI.
I hope you saved your old porch columns to cut down for bird house holders etc. Ohhhh, please say you did. I love old columns :)
Pam

PAT said...

Jenny, I kept checking back here, looking for a new post! We've been away and then I was catching up with this and that.

I love the photos, they're beautiful. I like the idea of waiting till winter for the clearing.

I just published my 200th post yesterday and would love to have you come by and sign up for the little giveaway I have going in honor of the occasion.

It's good to see you posting!
Pat

Vallen said...

You have been busy beautifying everything. Now get a cold drink and sit back and enjoy!!!